Saturday, October 24, 2009

I need to get out of here, and find fashion

My best friend is going to Paris and will be having birthday dinner at the Effiel Tower with some good friends. I am so happy for her, but i'm not going to lie I would love to do that or be there. This has gotten me to thinking about things. I want to pick up and leave for a while, get away from Uxbridge, Durham Region and all the problems that go with them. I would like to Europe and travel. Make my own plans. Learn and visit all the classic and poignant times in history. Not just know what it looks like from a photograph in a textbook or travel guide. I want to be able to touch the soft green ivy climbing up the walls of the building. See what a real castle is like. Go to a black tie dinner in a European restaurant, to head after to a party of socialites. I want to smell the markets and the fresh bread mixed with herbs and various meats. I want to see London and see what it is really like there. I would visit where my mum was born, the Isle of Whyte and experience the sight of the Needles. See fashion in some of it's most historical and increasing times. Have a cappucino on a French patio with a friend while we have a fountain and children playing in the foreground.

I have also pondered the idea of getting into fashion school. I'm not sure what I want to do. I don't want to create any fashion lines or clothing but i want to assemble wardrobes. I want to be apart of styling and organization. Or even advertising for fashion or creating outfits for models to wear from a selected brand of clothing for a photo shoot. I love clothing, patterns and style. Just an idea, could very well be a pipe dream

No comments: