Thursday, February 15, 2007

I AM TRYING TO BE LESS CURVY IN CERTAIN AREAS STARTING MON FEB 12 2006

Dear reader, I have joined the huge amount of women that are part of the small exercise world known as CURVES. Although I have just found out that the one I go to, in Uxbridge of course, has gone up for sale. I am lucky that the cleaners are in port perry so that if the Uxbridge one goes down under I can go to the port one. It’s not that far, or I can go to the one in markham or stouffville, that’s the worst case scenario. I have gone 2 times so far and I am going today and tomorrow. That’s more then the recommended 3 times a week but I figure, I have nothing else to do and it only takes an hour of my time. I really like it so far, the price was right; I got a deal on top of deal. Regularly the signup fee is $199 but it was on for cheap $139, but I signed up on Monday of this week and the owner had just told one of the workers that since it’s the 7 year anniversary that’s how much the registration fee was, $7. So in total I signed up for about $56 instead of a lot more. I’m glad because now I have money to put else where. The monthly fee is $44 and I had to sign up for a year but I have to do something other then just lying in my bed waiting for my weight to just fall off me or for some miracle that my body will turn into a fast metabolic rate (YEAH RIGHT….both will never happen).

Movie Review – The Departed

So this movie was a PLAN B production, and it had a stellar cast yet again. The main cast consisted of Matt Damon (looks so hot in this flick), Jack Nicholson, Leo DiCaprio (he’s not stellar but he is famous), Martin Sheen, Alec Baldwin (he’s funny as usual), and Mark Wahlberg (oh yeah a marky marky sandwich….yummy). The story sort of jumps around in the set timeframe of the movie but eventually you figure out where the current scene belongs, but it is sort of easy to get lost in until you notice it is happening. The main idea of the movie is there is a rat in the FBI/Mass. State police and they want to find out who it is. Jack Nicholson plays the ‘bad guy’ which he is very charismatic but he also has that out there crazy part too. Quite often he is seen walking around with blood on his hands or arms or most noticeably on his clothing. I’m not going to give the movie away but there is a lot of guns and blood. Quite a few head shots are done and you can actually see the body and such when it’s done. A body even gets thrown off the roof of a building and it’s sort of graphic. It’s an alright movie but the acting really isn’t the greatest. There are a lot of cheesy accents and people trying to act too American, almost as if they were New Yorkers or something, I can’t really explain it. My advice is rent the movie and watch it but DON”T buy it, it’s not really a necessity to any collection, even if you collect Mark Wahlberg movies!

The movie I was wanting to get but am sort of unsure on is Half Nelson, it is supposed to be one of Ryan Gosling’s most important roles to date. They didn’t have it at the store but I’m sure they will eventually and I will get it then.

SoundCheck – What I am listening to as of late
-mostly sappy songs to make myself more lonely for Valentine’s day
-All American Rejects (Move Along, It Ends Tonight, Straitjacket Feeling and Can’t Take IT)
-Step Up soundtrack (only one song Gina Rene – U Must Be)
-Cassie Cd (the whole thing is really good and up beat, I love listening to it when I am driving in the car)
-Stone Sour (Looking Through the Glass, and ZZYZX Rd.)
-John Legend Cd (the whole thing is pretty good but I like everything a lot better then the song Save Room), got it for Val Day from my mum- Thanx, good buy!
-Mobile (the whole cd is pretty good but the tracks on the radio are my favs. Montreal Calling, See Right Through Me, Dusting Down the Stars, but NOT OUT OF MY HEAD, it’s good but I’ve heard it too much), just got this cd today though so this could all change.

Movies to be Coming to DVD

Feb 20
-The Prestige and Babel

Mar 6
-The Borat Movie

Mar 20
-Blood Diamond (looks really interesting but it’s about how the diamond trade was 5 years ago and it doesn’t mention that)

Mar 27
-Pursuit of Happyness (Will Smith’s son Jaden’s debut in the film world)

No comments: