Sunday, February 25, 2007

The Quest Begins!!!

Dear reader, I don’t usually start a post with this information but I am going to switch things up for once.

10 Things We Learned This Week (Toronto Star- Sunday Edition)

1. Hostage Lunch – A meal often pizza, paid for by the company and delivered to employees whose bosses require them to attend a meeting on their lunch hour. Eg. “I was planning on running some errands over my lunch hour, but the VP is keeping us in a meeting. At least he ordered us hostage lunch”

2. Thursday is Pig Day. The saying “sweat like a pig” is a misnomer: pigs can’t sweat. Their well-known method of cooling off (rolling around in the mud) has contributed to the misconception that they’re dirty.

3. Sir Isaac Newton is credited with inventing the cat flap.

4. Fig Newtons were not named after the inventor of the cat flap. Rather, they took their moniker from Newton, Mass., a town near the regional bakery that created them. (As one wag noted, “Thank it wasn’t near Belchertown.”)

5. Belch.com has accumulated “the largest collection of digitally recorded belches on the Net”: 550

6. Thursday is National Beer Day in Iceland. It marks the end of a 75-year prohibition of the beverage which expired on March 1, 1989.

7. On this day in 1940, a hockey game was televised for the first time. Viewers of New York station W2XBS saw the Rangers beat the Montreal Canadiens, 6-2. at Madison Square Garden. (Hockey Night in Canada debuted on CBC-TV in 1952)

8. Dry ice weighs about twice as much as regular ice.

9. How cool are you if you’re as cool as a cucumber? The inside of the fruit can be up to 20 degrees F (11C) cooler than the outside temperature.

10. Yuppie Food Stamps – “The $20 bills that everyone gets from ATMS. They become an issue when a group goes out to eat and it comes time to pay. Each person owes $11 and no one has anything smaller than a $20.)

I hope you enjoyed the facts as much as I did because I find them very interesting and different and it’s brain food, how can you go wrong with that.

I just had a really good idea. I am going to go on a mission and try to get someone to respond to an email that I send them and then I will post it for sure on the blog. I may try the Roloff family or maybe someone from the Hills. It will take some digging but I will try my hardest ever. I have emailed several tv program businesses before but I have never had a response. Examples include: Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeons, Dr. Mark Mani, and of course, Dog the Bounty Hunter. This mission can also include the help of you readers, if you know someone famous please ask them a few questions and forward me the email and I will for sure post it on the blog. I think it would add a bit of adventure to the blog.

The Hills tomorrow looks like it is going to be quite interesting. The preview has Heidi planning to send Lauren to a club that Spencer will be at and check out if he’s being a player or not. Heidi ends up on tears on the couch in the apartment her and Lauren share and Lauren is on the phone with Brody, kinda upset how Spencer is treating Heidi. IN the background Heidi is yelling “I’m sooo over you Spencer”. That relationship can’t end yet though because it’s a spicy bit of the show, and Lauren and Brody are just heating up, they can’t get rid of the drama, it’s fabu.

Movie Review – The Prestige

I have to say there was a lot of stars in the movie but it was slightly confusing. It was ok because the magic tricks were cool to watch and interesting to see the behind the scenes a bit. I thought that Christian Bale did an awesome job of playing the friend who is always trying to be better than Hugh Jackman’s character. Very interesting, Piper Perabo (from Coyote Ugly) plays Jackman’s wife in the beginning of the movie. That would have been a good bit part for her. Scarlett Johannson’s part was really small and her character wasn’t really anything to get excited about. I must say though the character of Tesla, played by David Bowie (YEAH I KNOW DAVID BOWIE), was very mysterious and interesting the way he was meant to be. Even Michael Caine was hard to read character wise, you get mixed up thinking which friend he is really working with. The movie wasn’t the greatest but it definitely had some really interesting tricks and stuff to keep the watchers interested.

My quest for getting someone famous to write to me for the blog begins today!

No comments: