Sunday, May 28, 2017

A Dog's Journey

A Dog's Journey (A Dog's Purpose, #2)A Dog's Journey by W. Bruce Cameron
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a continuation of A Dog's Purpose which I have reviewed before, I really liked the concept. While this was along the same lines it was more a story of a dog following his human through different lives. I know that sounds really confusing but if you read the book you will understand what I mean. Following the main character through her life there are many ups and downs and it shows how much she values the companionship and love of her dog. I found this story very touching and special and enjoyed the slight difference when compared to Cameron's first book. The descriptions were great and I really felt like I was right there in the dog's character able to see and feel what he/she was feeling. The dog's voice was pleasant and curious which was very realistic.

NB – I was having the hardest time finding a book that was not published by the five major publishing houses, which is part of my 52 book challenge. I had searched every book I had and one day I was looking in the grocery store and the book made itself apparent. I wanted to read it because it was a continuation but also it fit my challenge just by a stroke of luck. So if you are looking for a book that isn't from the top five publishing houses, I will make it easy for you. This is one!





No comments: