Saturday, July 1, 2017

15th Affair

15th Affair (Women's Murder Club #15)15th Affair by James Patterson
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Easy read, predictable and cheap when buying a book. I am not a huge fan of the Women's Murder Club books because I find that James Patterson was trying to play off of Tess Gerritsen's Rizzoli and Isles series. There are too many women and they are all kind of annoying chickens. The main character Lindsay Boxer is a drama queen, I would liken her to Kim Kardashian with a police badge. The one thing I enjoyed about the book was the infiltrating of Chinese spies in to the United States and how they are meant to learn the culture and lifestyle and then act out their mission when the timing is right. (This may have heightened my enjoyment considering all that is going on in the political environment in the United States and with the recent terrorist acts.) The one thing is when the book hits it's climax it's almost as if Patterson is in a rush to get the book finished. Sometimes that works for authors but as a reader it's like they really don't care about the details or the story they have built up it's just like, “I have to get this book finished in under 400 pages at all costs.” Ie. This book is completely finished at 361 pages. It's not a daunting read or anything so if he could have used those extra pages to beef up the ending a bit that would have been fine. I would give this book a 2.5 but in Goodreads land I will give it a solid 2 because I just wasn't that impressed and it was like all of Patterson's other books.


View all my reviews

No comments: