Saturday, July 1, 2017

PostSecret

PostSecret: Extraordinary Confessions from Ordinary Lives (PostSecret)PostSecret: Extraordinary Confessions from Ordinary Lives by Frank Warren
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Frank Warren devised a plan to have people send in anonymous postcards so that he could use them in his art as well as in this book. People were to write short, to the point secrets that they had never told anybody. The stuff that people reveal is from any and all walks of life. From dating to parenting, to disorders to not having long to live, to anything you could absolutely imagine. At times I was nodding saying, “Oh yeah that's me for sure.” Other times I was thinking, “Damn, I feel sorry for that person or what they have to go through.” It's a very emotional read that brings so many different emotions to a head. I'm not going to give away some of my favourites or anything because this is truly a book that a reader needs to experience for themselves and take away what is important to them. This book can be read in a day or less depending on how much time you have in one sitting. Even though there isn't much to this book I will give it 5 stars for creativity, presentation, abstract thought display, displays of common human thoughts and originality. I can't rave enough about this book and it has a very special place in my heart.


View all my reviews

No comments: