Saturday, July 1, 2017

The Twenty-Three

The Twenty-Three (Promise Falls Trilogy, #3)The Twenty-Three by Linwood Barclay
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

This book only gets one star. When I was finished reading it I was relieved. The only reason I continued reading it was I wanted to find out who had poisoned the water and who the killer was. It was mind bending and confusing to figure out the killer and the water situation. Once they figured out who it was it was like “Hey no big deal.” The story was told from at least 10 different characters POV and there was not a continuous or clear narrator. So after a while (if you aren't reading the book in one sitting) you have be remember who is what character and what their particular issue(s) is/are. Another thing I found quite annoying is that it took 350 pages to cover 1 day, which I consider ridiculous but it was all the fault of Barclay trying to tell so many characters stories. To be honest some of the stories were relevant and others were like “So what, who cares.” I was majorly disappointed in this book. I used to love Barclay's books but if this is the way that he is going with his writing I definitely will not read him again. The Zack Walker books were so good and had awkward humour which made them wonderful to read. This book was lacking for sure.


View all my reviews

No comments: