Sunday, August 5, 2018

American History X (1998)

American History X (1998) Crime Film/ Coming of Age 10/10


Another one of my favourite movies ever. This film says so much and in today's political climate in the United States it's even more relevant. Places divided by race, colours being more prominent then ever before. Everything on the colour scale from the white end of the spectrum to the black and all the rainbow in between. This is definitely a 'think piece' (to quote the movie Almost Famous) but it's a piece that grabs your heart and ties it in knots and even turns it into a pretzel. I'm not going to divulge the ending of the film but it rips my heart out every time and even gets me tearing up, it's that powerful. This movie will forever get a 10/10 in my books and it's definitely in my list of favourites. It makes me think about the past, present and future. “Be the change you want to see in the world” a wise person once said.  

Trailer Here

No comments: