Sunday, August 5, 2018

Four Weddings and A Funeral (1994)

Four Weddings and a Funeral (1994) Drama/Romance 4/10

I watched this film years ago when I was young, like 12 or something and I thought it was really funny and a decent film. Today I watched it and I guess bc I don't think Hugh Grant is a good actor, it didn't really help the film's case at all. The comedy was lame and Andie McDowell was a loser. Her character just floats around and expects to get what she wants and then when Graham's character starts to move on she re-appears and wants to be with him. 2 very self-centred individuals at work. That's why I'm not a huge sucker for the romantic movies bc I come to the point where I think the people are so 'blinded' by love that they hurt others and do stuff that just doesn't make sense. This movie barely gets a 4/10 but that's what I will give it. The few characters that I did like were Fiona (Kristin Scott Thomas), Gareth (Simon Callow), Matthew (Jack Hannah), David Hugh Graham's characters' brother (David Bower). Those members alone have made up the few stars that I am giving the film. There were sparse moments that humour peaked but not enough to save it.  

Trailer Here

No comments: