Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Case of the Missing Butterscotch in the Ice Cream


This is good looking butterscotch ice cream…DELISH!!!

Dear Reader,

I have some fabulous news re my ice cream predicament. I sent an email to Nestle Canada today. They replied within two hours and left a prompt message on my cell phone. They gave me a number to call and then A CASE NUMBER. Can you believe that, a little belly-aching and you get a case number. It sounds like I stole ice cream or something, but in reality I was robbed of the butterscotch within my ice cream container! I had to tell a friendly guy about the situation and this is what I actually said to him:

“Picture this, just put yourself in my situation for a minute. You go downstairs for your midnight snack of ice cream. You are hoping to hit the mother load of butterscotch creamy goodness. To my dismay, there is hardly even a decent swirl within the container.”

I thought that was pretty over the top, and I told him that it may sound petty but I love my butterscotch. He said after I told my little story that I wrote above, “Wow, that really sucks!” Yeah no kidding bud. So he was very friendly and said that he was going to refund my money and send me some coupons and other good stuff in the mail. Now I was completely surprised how fast they responded and what they were willing to do. I still have the rest of the container to eat, but hey I am satisfied that for once I was dealt with in a reasonable customer service fashion. I guess Nestle knows what their customers are looking for. Good, more companies should respond that way!

Just thought you may be interested to know what I did about the ice cream lacking the butterscotch!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I don't know about the Spanish or whatever it is. Weird. Hooray for you! Most people would just silently accept the lack of butterscotch swirl in their ice cream, and let the bitterness and disappointment well up inside (this is very bad for you), but you went after what you wanted and you get the reward now! More ice cream and coupons, not to mention a satisfying customer service experience. Kudos! Personally, I'm all over the Baskin Robbins Rocky Road. It's better than sex, especially when you slice some bananas over it. And now I have to go change my panties...