Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Friend and Movie Review....Could it get much better...NOPE!

Dear Reader,

I have come to start and re-kindle a friendship with a friend that was very dear to me in highschool. We talk about anything and everything… you name it, we discuss it. This particular friend is doing really well right now. She has a loving hubby, a darling son, and a puppy to love. She is living the life that I thought I would be by this time. I know it sounds early but if the stars had come into alignment at the right time, my life would be the same as hers. I give KUDOS to this friend a lot because she is a girl and I normally don’t get along with girls, but she’s fabu, that’s the best way I can describe it. No cattiness, no bitching about guys, nothing like what regular girls do. In a way talking about her makes me reflect a lot on my life. Sure I have been through a lot of bad, but if finding a friend now is the good, then I think that it’s worth it.

I am currently listening to Amy Winehouse, her first album and the line goes:

I CAN’T HELP YOU, IF YOU WON’T HELP YOURSELF

The line is kinda fitting for my life. I try to devote a lot of time to helping friends but like the song says, how am I supposed to help them if I can’t help myself. I don’t give myself enough credit for coming through the crap that I have. Things I have never mentioned before: I HAVE CONQUERED A GAMBLING PROBLEM, AND DRINKING PROBLEM SUCCESSFULLY. I have been sober for over 3.5 years now, next February it will be 4 years. By continuing with my celibacy from alcohol and gambling I am helping my self

This is a pic of me and my dogs Phil and Jamie. They mean the world to me so I understand how devastating it could be to lose your best friend like Peggy in the movie below did.
Movie Review – YEAR OF THE DOG

This is by far one of Molly Shannon’s best roles ever. The movie is not particularly outstanding but if you are a dog lover at heart you can understand what loss she experiences. She is an individual looking to find herself, possibly in a named category or be loved by man’s best friend. Her beloved Pencil is the most adorable dog and I couldn’t get over how much she loved this dog. Pencil is her one and only, and when she tries to warm up to a particular man, she gets shut down with the big R word, REJECTION. It’s a shame that she was rejected because she had a lot of love to give as well. She even changed her lifestyle because of some of the practices this gentleman introduced her to. I loved her character and how could you not. Everything she was trying to pursue, she just wanted to do good by it. Even after her replacement for Pencil bites her, she doesn’t look at the dog with malice or anything, she continues loving it. Awesome performance on Molly Shannon’s part, she should get a reward for it.

Tunes I’m Digging
- Amy Winehouse *new album – Back to Black* (especially the song Tears Dry on Their Own)
- Amy Winehosue *old album – Frank* (loving the whole album because it’s very jazzy and it’s what I am loving)
- Matt Dusk – *albums Two Shots and Back in Town* (jazz and he is really worth listening too and he’s Canadian
- Michael Buble – old and new album because it is big band but jazz and it’s soothing
- The Killers *Sam’s Town* (I love the intro and outro, they are excellent really sets up the mood. Songs – When You Were Young, For Reasons Unknown, Read My Mind, Bones)

No comments: