Sunday, January 7, 2007

Crappy Christmas but AWESOME Gifts




So dear reader, today was supposed to be Christmas with my mum since she was away at actual Christmas time. Things were ok for a while, at least till my presents and mum’s presents were opened. Then when dad was out bringing the horses in my mum started something and the way the fight ended (my dad had come in and he got involved as well) by me telling my mum to leave the house and not come back til she had re-thought some things. I will say the 2 gifts I got that were totally amazing was a membership to the Toronto Zoo and I am now the adoptive parent of the 2 Sumatran tiger cubs Indah and Kali. I find it very neat because they were only born this year, June 28, 2006 actually. That gift was the most exciting and interesting I have gotten in a very long time. Then as I said previously, things took a turn for the worse. Things started and I tried to take a break and just remove myself from the situation but when I came back things got twice as bad. I don’t really know what to say about my mum. She made a lot of comments that were totally uncalled for and another thing that really frustrated me was that she kept saying that dad and I were not telling the truth or ‘I might believe that if it happened.’ Things like that frustrate me because it gives me the idea that I might be lying and I am one of the most blunt people most have met and with that usually comes brutal honesty. So I asked my mum to leave the house, my dad and I are equally frustrated because we have no idea where to go or what to do with the mum situation. Anything we have tried has ended badly and anything we think of trying usually is set off because we realize that mum is touchy at this time or that when we were going to try the new trick and then we don’t end up trying it. I had been dreading the celebrating of Christmas with mum because I didn’t know how she would be acting to begin with and then how she would be in general as the night went on. Mum left before dinner was finished (it got delayed with all the fighting going on) so I will say this, she sure missed a good dinner and probably some of the finest Yorkshire Pudding I’ve made yet. It must suck to cut your nose off despite your face eh?

No comments: