Saturday, January 13, 2007

Pics, Stuff and some Brain work but my brain wasn't working too well



The first pic is of the business card of Anita and Erin’s Drycleaners, which is called Flawless. I wrote about them in a previous post and what a good job they were doing and how impressive the store was. I wanted to put the pic up with that post but the computer was giving me a hard time so, I finally figured it out and put it up on this post. A little bit of free advertising never hurt anyone!

The second pic is of one of the people that worked on the cruise ship when my dad and I went to Alaska. His name is Nyoman (pronounced Newman). I have kept in touch with him since we have been home. We email back and forth with each other and he has also called me a few times and we have spoken with each other. This is Nyoman’s second claim to fame because he gets seen by a lot of people when working on the ships.

Nothing is really going on today with me anyway. Dad was sick this morn so we didn’t do the barn but I went out and fed the horses and then I have done it once more after that. He said he’s got some stomach problems or something so I fine don’t worry about it and stay in bed. He got up around noon and now he thinks that he is superman I guess because he is doing all kinds of things. He went and got the things we needed for the barn, then he did the dishes (there weren’t that many but I HATE doing them), and now he has gone grocery shopping. I told him this morn that if he wasn’t feeling well just take the day and recover it happens to all of us, some more then others (aka ME). After doing the barn this morn I came in did the crossword, and then I went to bed. I slept for about 4 hours and then got up around noon, hence I saw my dad getting up and starting to motor about. Then I had some lunch and decided that I was going to read. The book I am reading is not very good and it will not be getting a review, Lipstick Jungle by Candace Bushnell = VERY BAD. It’s taking me some time to get through it because I don’t really like it very much, hopefully the next book will be better.

Here are some brain teasers, I only got two right see how you do.

Questions

1. What can run but never walks, has a mouth but never talks, has a head but never weeps, and has a bed but never sleeps?

2. What is full of holes but still holds water? (this is the one I got)

3. What is light as a feather but even the strongest man cannot hold it more than a minute? (I got this one too)

4. Imagine you are in a sinking rowboat surrounded by sharks. How would you survive?

5. Inuit (Eskimos) are very good hunters, but they never hunt penguins. Why not?

6. How far can you walk into the woods?


Answers

1. A river

2. A sponge

3. His breath

4. Quit imagining!

5. Inuit (Eskimos) live in the North Pole, and penguins live in the South Pole

6. Half way, after that you are walking out of the woods

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Helloooooooooooooooooooo S
How the heck are you M-L here:-)
Just wanted to stop by and say Hi and I am enjoying reading your Blog. How the heck did they ever come up with BLOG??????
Take care,
Remember Always look up for hope.
Later Gator!!MLM