Thursday, January 25, 2007

Stuff and Movie Review x2

Tunes I am really digging:
Cassie Cd (really good dance cd, fav song = “Long Waty 2 Go” & “Ditto”)
Pink Cd – I’m Not Dead (I love the bonus track she sings with her dad)
Justin Timberlake Cd – FutureSex/LoveSound (awesome sound and Timbaland is in it)
Step Up Soundtrack – Lots of dance music and it’s awesome
All American Rejects Cd – Move Along (Love the song “It Ends Tonight”)

I’ve had a hectic week because there has been a lot of appointments that I had to attend. I was on time for all of them and I am super happy that I am nearing the end of the week so that I get a break from all the stress. It’s been making me really tired and I have been just sleeping all the time to recover. My last appointment is tomorrow but hopefully when I am done I can just forget about everything and have a good weekend.

Puzzle
So for Christmas my mum got me a puzzle and it’s a timber wolf but it’s an image created from the writing of some famous old guy. It’s been a bit of a challenge but it was a little disappointing when I realized that it was missing pieces. There have been quite a few times that I wanted to just put it away and forget about it but I am going to finish it as best I can. It’s taken me since Monday of this week to get this far but it’s really hard because the writing isn’t really clear on t he puzzle and where the joints are for pieces to join together the writing is difficult to read. So I wrote to the quality assurance people of the company because there was a slip in with the puzzle regarding this. I said that my puzzle was missing pieces and if I could take a pic and send it to them and then they could send me the necessary pieces it would be great. Well I got a response the very next day which was nice and the lady said that each puzzle is cut individually so my idea wouldn’t work she was willing to let me pick any puzzle from the website and tell her which one and she would send it to me free of charge. I was amazed by how well the situation was handled. I replied to the lady and commended her on the wonderful service that her company was willing to give me. I was expecting a ‘door slammed in my face’ kind of attitude but it was totally opposite. I will probably take a pic of the puzzle and post it for you just to see what it is like and what was missing. It’s an interesting puzzle just it’s too bad that those pieces are missing because it would be even more interesting.

I made a hair appointment finally so I will be getting rid of the this hair colour. I am going to tell the stylist that she can go as crazy as she likes because I won’t be working at a real job for a long time so I have time to play. This is really exciting for me because I love when I had fuchsia and pink coloured hair and dark purple hair. I love to play with colour. It’s like an outlet for creativity without me having to do the work and the stylists usually like it because they can do what they want and try new dying techniques on me Bonus!!!

Movie Review – GridIron Gang

This movie was different then most football movies. First of all it starred Dwayne “The ROCK” Johnson and it also had Xhibit (?). The movie involves a bunch of male juvenile delinquents and The Rock thinks that he is going to make a change to their life by teaching them how to play on a football team. The movie is based on a true story and they actually showed the person that the ROCK played (they don’t look anything alike that’s for sure) and him teaching the kids to be a team. It was interesting because the kids didn’t really have education or anything so when they are doing jumping jacks and can’t spell MUSTANGS it’s sort of funny and the ROCK and X get after them about that. There was also a bit of the gang life brought into the movie but I think it was brought in for drama purposes really because it did create some issues. Maybe it does really happen that way in these centres for delinquents. Lots of hard hitting though in the movie and good football action. The story…meh it was ok, the football part was better though.

Movie Review – The Guardian

This movie is another movie I think that Kevin Costner was amazing in. The other movie he was fabu in was UPSIDE OF ANGER. Ashton Kutcher finally played a serious role and he did it fabu as well. The story is about the training process of the US Coast Guard and what it’s actually like when they go on a mission. I could never do what they do. The ending is sad, I didn’t cry but it pulled at my emotions a bit. There are a few other stars in the movie but it isn’t overpopulated with them so it makes it a bit more real then other movies. The Coast Guards really truly have to be honoured for the job they do, they are no different then firemen, always willing to put themselves in harms way to save sometimes really silly people. The movie kinda reminds me of BACKDRAFT in the fact that Kurt Russell portrayed a true hero and he was a hero to the end and that’s how I felt about Kevin Costner. I am not giving the end away but I think everyone can predict what happens. It was a fabulous movie and I wish they would make more movies about people that truly have heroic jobs, it might give the public a greater appreciation for what they do.

No comments: