Thursday, January 4, 2007

Life Crap & Movie Review

Dear reader, I had wrote a post for you yesterday but because I was on the shitty computer and it really started being a hunk of junk I was unable to even send it to myself or save it so that I could post it today. The post was about my mum and how she has officially replaced me with her liar boyfriend. It was basically a venting piece which would have probably bored you to tears, so maybe be thankful that it was trashed. I will say though, my dad called her yesterday and said that she was being really selfish and rude and now when I come to her house to do my computer stuff, she gives me attitude like I am the one ruining things. The thing that I find really upsetting is that if her boyfriend has a problem with anyone, she either cuts the person off or the relationship goes sour quicker then milk. I think it’s really sad that my mum is letting a loser like him control her life and decisions she makes within said life. She has already buggered up one wonderful friendship she had because the boyfriend did not like the fact that mum’s friend told him “Don’t hurt her, she’s a good person.” Now mum doesn’t even talk to that person anymore, and when you ask her about said friend she makes up something when she really doesn’t know what is going on. Even being here right now is really upsetting because my mum is treating me like I am the one with the problem and that I am being a jerk. I have been civil and will continue to do so, but I do not plan on going out of my way to get hurt by her which is continuing to happen even though there was almost a 2 week break. I really thought that when mum came back from her holidays that we would both have formulated something to say about how we disagree and our problems and such, but when I came here yesterday and she had him here when she knew I was coming over that was the last straw. Not only did he violate the “don’t talk to sarah rule” (yet again), but I thought mum got the idea that I was coming to see her and talk not to come and see him and be a third wheel. It’s hard for me because she keeps trying to force me to like him and there are reasons (real, and good ones) why I choose not to. I think I just have to put my guard up and defend myself, if that means staying away or even not having a relationship with my mum then I guess that is what it will have to be for the time being. It will be hard for me but I have asked my dad for his support and he said he’s there for me, and as hard as it will be I am going to get through this, even if it’s despite her. I have to look out for myself in all ways possible, and at this point avoiding getting hurt is most important.

Now onto a much lighter topic

Movie Review – Last Kiss

This is a movie directed and produced by Zach Braff and if you saw Garden State (his other baby) you will love this movie also. The cast is quite stellar, I must say he’s made some very good friends along the way of his career. Name Drop : Jacinda Barrett, Blythe Danner, Tom Wilkinson, Casey Affleck, etc… The movie looks at life just as Garden State did. Zach’s character finds himself turning 30 and has a baby on the way, but he is NOT and WILL NOT get married to his girlfriend of 3 years until she can tell him 3 marriages that have worked out. In the beginning of the movie she is able to name one, her parents, but then eventually even their marriage hits the rocks. He meets this young college student, who is what he would say “leading him to surprises”. His greatest fear which you later find out in the movie is that after you settle down there are no more surprises in life, so then what. He explores the connection he has with this young, vivacious brunette and realizes that he likes how there is no predictability and that he can be FREE. Unfortunately when a friend’s parent passes away the proverbial shit truly hits the fan. The longtime prego g/f finds out that he is out with the brunette and she concludes that he is ‘cheating’ on her. She kicks him out of their house and then goes to stay at her parents and he ends up staying at the house by himself with pictures of the 3 year long relationship they had posted everywhere. He realizes how bad he truly has buggered things up. It’s very interesting how his character develops such an immediate bond with the young vixen he meets. It almost makes ‘love at first sight’ a reality for him. After a long talk with the g/f’s father about how he has to ‘do whatever it takes’ to show his love and that he will not be a jerk again. The stage is set for a long a trying way for him to get back into the g/f’s life. In a sense the movie kind of put, for me anyway, an expiry date on all relationships, because at some point somebody is going to falter. The true test is whether they will be able to go back into the arms of the other person and have a relationship again, even though they made a huge mistake. I love Braff’s 2 movies and how they examine life and certain principles about it. He really tries to make his movies a reality and not just some fictitious love story where the girl meets the guy and falls in love and everything goes fabu. I loved the movie and would tell anyone to watch it, and I would do the same with Garden State, his other movie. He also selected the soundtrack because there were some definite similarities between the 2 movies.

No comments: