Thursday, January 22, 2009

My Response to Another Lay Off ...........

Dear Reader,

Today I got laid off of work, again. I realize that the economy is bad and that it is effecting a lot of areas within the business sector, but I just got back to work. I was laid off a week before Christmas, and was asked to come back to work on January 12. Since I have been back at work I've been working really hard. I do all the molly maid type work, I am a slave for people who don't give a shit and think they can lay me off whenever they feel like just to save a few bucks. In reality the amount they are saving by me not working is minimal. I am not going to be hired on as full time or part time, I am considered contract so that they don't have to figure out what my EI and CPP contributions would be at each pay period. I have been mockingly told, You are contract so you can take whatever time off that you need and you don't really have to ask. My rebuttal to this is that if I didn't ask the big boss would have a fit because I didn't tell him so I do the courteous thing and ask.....even though I don't need to his words. I find that in my current work environment there are a lot of double standards, but nothing worth taking up with the boss because that could jeopardize my employment....as a contract worker.

Some feelings:

-I feel like a tissue that has continually been blown in and is now a snot rag ready to be tossed in the garbage

-I feel like a wash cloth that has be overly used and has bits of dinners from weeks ago within and is ready for the garbage

-I feel like a piece of toilet paper that has just wiped someone's ass and is really for the 'royal' flush

-I feel like a dust bunny that is always present but never really acknowledged by a broom and dust pan

-I feel like a pen that has run out of ink and is just a casing ready for the garbage.

As you can tell there is a continual theme here, but in response I say “Fuck you, ya Fuckers” and nod my head as I participate in SWEAR WEEK whole heartedly.

No comments: