Monday, January 19, 2009

Tomorrow is Inauguration Day

Dear Reader,

So tomorrow is a big day. Inauguration Day for the new President, Barack Obama. Now I am writing this because out of one of the most memorable days in history, I as well as you, will be around to witness and live through this important day. The concept of having a black president maybe quite foreign to some but to those that supported Obama it meant change. Today being Martin Luther King Day is a great follow up to having a black person as president tomorrow. I feel sorry for him that he has to ride around in a pope mobile made just for him because of the “haters”. People should put their judgments to the side and see how he can lead the nation. I am hoping for less war, resolve in Afghanistan, and help being provided to the people. A very dear friend of mine is American and she proudly voted for Barack and will tell anyone who asks. I think with change in mind, there maybe a new and good reason to be proud of being American. Hopefully Barack will do great on clean up duty as he lets some matters go to rest and provides others with resolution, something the old president Bush the Dunce did not do. Having a president that is not a war monger is the greatest idea since sliced bread. I can’t wait to see how it plays out.

Although I was a firm supporter of Hilary Rodham Clinton, Barack is the next best choice. I imagine that Hilary would have to go through all the protective measures as well because she would have been the first women president… I can’t wait for the day that happens, wishing, hoping, and praying that it isn’t Sarah Palin though. Some would know her as the twit from Alaska.

Congrats Obama and make sure you lead the people the way you planned because there are a lot of people waiting for you to fail and I want to you to meet their challenge and then surpass them with flying colours.

No comments: