Thursday, January 1, 2009

Stuff

Dear Reader,

I thought that I would start the New Year, 2009, off with a bang and write you something for your brain and eyes to mull over.

My Christmas was great. My family got together (me, mum and dad) and had a great dinner and opened family presents together. For us, Christmas is more about the food then anything. My mum likes to over do it with gifts and every year I try to give gifts that are not the average thing. My gifts to my parents brought them to tears. I gave each of them a personalized scrapbook. Memories in the scrapbook were ones that we had shared or more personal ones. I had my dad in tears because he was so impressed with it and my mum was in awe because of the work I put into it. There are still a few people that I have not gotten to give them their gifts but it will happen eventually.

Two things that bother me about Christmas: 1) Some people are just so greedy that it doesn't matter what you get them they are never satisfied, I know some people like that, I won't name names but I think they are greedy MF's for no reason. Christmas is about spending time with family and having a good time, not about how many gifts you get or how much your gift total amounts to. People like that disgust me and they should be banished to some hole as some sort of punishment. Then they will learn what the real meaning is hopefully, unless they are lost souls and they are never going to find the path of right ever. 2) Boxing day sales are the second thing that bother me. It adds to the whole greediness part of Christmas. So Christmas day you get some gifts and then the next day you are going to go out and buy a bunch of things just because you want them....GREEDY. My mum said that it had to deal with the fact some people ask for money for Christmas so that they can spend it on Boxing Day. In my mind that is truly wrong and shall I repeat it once more, GREEDY. There's so much hullabaloo about boxing day and all the deals you can get. I personally believe that's a ploy so that shoppers will go out and spend more money so that stores and chains can get a big total so close to the year end. I am beginning to think that everything is corrupt and the once hard workers, and good people that were out there are becoming few and far between,

Another new tidbit of information that I thought I might announce: I have put myself up for auction. Nobody has taken advantage of the scenario yet. I'm curious as to whether I will have any bidders. This was an idea that I thought about officially for 10 minutes. My thinking goes as follows: if celebrities can auction themselves off for amounts of money to go to charity then why can't I! I'm willing to donate the money to charity, which I have no totally decided on, maybe the Oshawa Humane Society (since it burned down), there's always the options of cancer, aids, mental health and numerous other charities. I posted it on here and on my facebook page. Hopefully, I will get a bidder, just one would make me happy, more then one would make me ecstatic. Consider it as you read this, you could be my next potential bidder!

Happy New Year folks, and it is 57 days till I go to the Cayman Islands.
I will also be posting a video I took on Christmas day of my kitties fighting over their toys. It's uber hilarious. The key word to look up the videos is my youtube id:
SarahG1010

No comments: