Monday, January 5, 2009

Ramblings....

Dear Reader,

As I was sitting at the dinner table at dad's last night I came up with some great little ditties to write about for the blog. I think you will find most of these ideas thought provoking and interesting. Some of them are a bit ranty, others are just FYI.

RUNNERS WHO CONSISTENTLY RUN IN BAD WEATHER

I was flipping through the Toronto Sun yesterday and saw that there was a runner covered in facial frost. She was lucky she had a toque and mitties on but her eyebrows, moustache and anything else was covered with thick, white frost. This just brought to mind something I notice very frequently in my town. Runners always choose to run in the bad weather. Quite often I see more runners in bitter cold and torrential down pours then I see in good weather. Strange but true. Now I have nothing wrong with runners whatsoever but I just wish they would run either in all kinds of weather consistently or just the good weather because when I see them running in the rain and such it flusters me. They can pick any day they want and they choose the day that the heavens decide to piss down? Odd......

UNDERWORLD: RISE OF THE LYCANS

This, if you don't already know, is a big deal. I am a huge Underworld fan. I love Kate Becksinale in a rubber cat suit. She has a smokin' body and when she shoots the gun she's a total pro. There are other minor details that I like about the movies but I wanted to point out the most noticeable one. The Toronto Sun yesterday also informed me about the fact that Kate Beckinsale is hanging up the rubber suit. This caused a huge look of disappointment to wash over my face. The budding actress Rhona Mitra (Doomsday) jumped into the suit before it was even on the hook for 1 minute and we are back to having our Underworld dark, and babelicious heroine. Mitra is a good actress but for such a huge movie franchise I thought that Beckinsale might want to stay on for the ride considering it made her tons of cash-ola.

DEAR ABBY

My question on this topic is : why do people write to a woman that claims to be perfect? Details about every partical of life is divugled in this column so that a perfect woman with all the answers can help! Bahhhh.... I think this is just bunk. A perfect woman existing on the planet with all the answers...nope don't believe it. What makes her life so fab that she should be divvying out advice. I think people find the attraction is that they can see their code names, such as BROKENHEARTED, CONFUSED, DEPRESSED, AND MANY OTHER DIFFERENT VARIETIES, in print. Then when they have their friends over for dinner they can say “Hey Bob and Shelley my story was printed in the paper and Dear Abby answered it”, the person will fail to mention whether the advice worked or not because they won't try it or they will and it will FAIL. Gee, thanks Dear Abby!

MY AUCTION

Things on my auction are going very well, I have a variety of bidders that are willing to help out charity. Some people say that I am selling myself and when I try to respond no, I always end up saying yes but it's for charity. The bidding started at $20 and has been driven up to $500 CAD. I have had no bids from my blog... www.sarah-gall.blogspot.com but I am beginning to think that people may not consider this real. Well I am writing to tell you it is very real and every time I see that someone has bid on me I get very excited. I hope the progress keeps up! The charity will be lucky to receive such a hefty donation.

MY HOLIDAY WATCHING SPREE

Over the holidays I have watched a bunch of movies. I am almost watching 3 per day. That's a lot considering movies are at least an hour long. So I thought that I would include a list to prove that this is not a joke.

Ben Hur, Spartacus, Lakeview Terrace, Garden Party, Wild Child, The Accidental Husband, The Wackness, The Alphabet Killer, Birds of America, Mad Money, Eagle vs Shark, 30 Days of Night, The Duchess, Bangkok Dangerous, Death Race, Mirrors, Burn After Reading, Ghost Town, Eagle Eye, Fred Claus, Pinepple Express, The Memory Keepers Daughter, Striptease, The House Bunny, From Hell, Stigmata, Christmas Vacation, Sex and the City (The Movie), The Dark Knight.

No comments: