Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Day 10, Halfway through my 21 days!

Today is the beginning of day 10. I have made it 10 days clean and sober, no pot! This makes me feel really good and makes my parents and doctor feel even better. People are starting to recognize the old me is coming back, only this time I'm more creative and motivated. I find that by now i just don't have the want to do pot. I could careless if someone did it infront of me or offered it to me, i just don't have the desire to do it. My body is feeling so much better, physically, mentally, emotionally, and whatever else. I almost have my voice back to full power so i don't squeak anymore which is really nice and people can understand what i am saying without me having to repeat myself (which is a pet peeve of mine!). My doctor was so excited when i told her yesterday that i was 9 days clean from pot she gave me a high five, a hug and was so happy. When i get a call from my dad and he hears that my voice is coming back quite strongly, he sounds like he is going to cry because he is so proud of me. My mum is more happy when she talks to me and enjoys my company just like before, when i was not a drug addict. Sure i did the odd joint or bong every once and a while but that's fine it's not like it's an everyday process. My one boy toy was so proud of me for quitting pot that he wants to quit for a while too because he finds that he is doing it all day everyday since he has been laid off. I had a chat with my mentor about my story and that i was sharing on my blog and she was happy because she said most people don't recognize that pot is addictive, yet the drug lords that grow and sell do anything they can to raise the THC content so that people keep coming back to them. I don't feel bad when i tell people, like you dear reader, that i was addicted to pot because i think it's better to share and have people know what it is about and where it leads. Just thinking about it now, i am almost halfway there to my 21 days, and that's exciting. The time is going by so fast, too fast for the christmas season because i don't have some christmas presents and i need to get them today! I want to go out more, i want adventure and spontaneity back. That's what was special about me and i love that it is coming back full force. Sure at night time i like to relax on the sofa bed and watch movies but i'm still doing it clean and it's so relaxing. The cats notice a difference too because they join me on the sofa bed and we have a little family reunion. In this case, CHANGE IS GOOD, and i have to keep up the good work. The progress is definitely incentive. I also talked to a contact and they said that they would be willing to do an interview type deal to share their story about being addicted to poppers and pot. I am also proud to say that i am actually saving money. You never realize how expensive and detrimental it is until you have savings and you can see that money is available since it is not being spent on bad recreational habits. So many pluses it's fantab.

No comments: